- 4 dag/week
- 5 dag/week
- Werving & Selectie
Consultant Asset Management (soil and groundwater)
The Asset Management Service of our client is aimed at helping their clients resolve environmental liabilities and realize maximum value from their contaminated land challenges. they strive to develop risk-based remediation strategies to protect human health and ecology, satisfy their clients’ business goals and regulatory obligations, and manage risks and clean up balance sheets, while controlling costs and managing stakeholder expectations. The global services include decommissioning, demolition, remediation, risk assessment and redevelopment strategies to help capture value from discontinued operations across the globe.
As part of the continued growth and innovation of the Asset Management practice, our client has a great opportunity for you to join us as a Consultant . This role is a good mix of office and field/site based work, however we are looking for someone who will not shy away from the site based activities and development opportunities of this role.
About your role as Consultant
- Working in collaboration with other consultants, principal consultants and partners to deliver contaminated site management projects from the investigation until the remediation phase.
- Having the ability to succeed in a consulting pace, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines and traveling to client facilities when needed.
- Depending on project size, following projects as Project Manager or supporting Senior Project Manager.
- Having good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions.
- Preparing technical reports, documents, and assisting in proposal preparation for future work.
- Depending on former experience and expertise, willingness to travel and stay away from home for short periods (typically <5 consecutive nights).
- Coordinating and communicating with client representatives, subcontractors and colleagues .
- Supervising contractors and undertaking routine monitoring during site investigations and remediation programmes.
- Recommending appropriate actions to ensure compliance with all federal and local regulations.
About your work as Consultant
- Planning, implementing, and managing soil and ground water investigation, remediation, turnkey site investigation and environmental construction management projects. Scope areas include site investigation, Phase II environmental assessments, vapour intrusion investigation, Brownfields, Feasibility Studies, Remedial Action Plan, bid documents and technical specifications, pilot testing, and field oversight of remedial/construction/support trade subcontractors.
- Performing regular fieldwork (logging soils, overseeing soil and groundwater sampling, supervising and managing contractors on site).
- Performing health and safety planning and oversight: ensure safety of oneself and team members during project operations.
- Following and monitoring project budgets.
- Producing environmental desk study, site investigation and verification reports by undertaking both office and site based work.
- Office support (data manipulation and presentation, reporting, etc.)
About your skills and experience as Consultant:
- The ideal candidate that we are looking for, has between 2 to 8 years’ experience in supporting site investigation, risk assessment or remediation work with exposure to fieldwork supervision in an environmental consultancy.
- You are qualified to a degree level with a BSc and MSc in a combination of any environmental science, hydrology, hydrogeology, geology, geochemistry or chemistry discipline or similar.
- You have knowledge of the Dutch legislation in contaminated site management and remedial techniques.
- You have excellent communication and team working skills.
- It’s an absolute requirement that you are a native Dutch speaker.
- You also have English skills – both verbal and writing.
- You own a driving license (B).
Our client encourage consultants to build their own career paths based on their individual strengths and aspirations. A consultancy role at our client could lead you to become a Technical Director, a Project Manager or even a Partner. Whether you excel at client engagement or prefer to focus on your technical strengths, a consultancy career at ERM will provide you with a myriad of options and opportunities.